Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New Job

After 4 1/2 years I have found a new job. I will still be at the Univ. but working in the Food Science and Nutrition department. It is the same place that I got my Master's from. I will be working with the program that helps make sure students get all the requirements to become registered dietitians. I will be doing transcript reviews, working with students on their coursework and making sure that all of our classes meet the objectives that are required. Also, the American Dietetic Association will be doing a site visit in March of 2009 so I will be do a lot of organizing of documentation to make sure we have everything ready. I don't yet know much about the exact duties, but I am excited! My current department is going through a big reorganization, not the good kind, so it is the perfect time to get out. My new job will be at a higher classification with much better benefits. It is 75% time but because the hourly pay is so much higher I will almost bring home the same amount. It is going to be great. I will be done with my current job on Friday and start my new job on Monday. I am very excited for new challenges and the chance to learn something new and different. Plus, it is more in line with my education. It is always a little scary to change jobs, but I am ready to move on. Not to mention that I will no longer be 4 floors underground in a cube, but instead will have my own office with a window on the second floor. YIPPEE!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Corrie!!!! You deserve this!! Julie Hennes--you 'special' sister-in-law

Chloe @ A Creative Call said...

Congratulations, Corrie! How awesome. And the cruise sounded absolutely fabulous.

jOs said...

Congratulations, Corrie! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. It's great to hear when someone is actually excited about their job and their work. I'm so happy for you. - Sandy

Jenny said...

Super to hear about the new job.

Gia-hue said...

Congrats!

I'm so excited for you, what a great change. Will you have a few extra days off too?

Anonymous said...

Good for you Corrie! Congratulations!!!
You'll be GREAT!
Cheryl