
For Labor Day weekend we flew down to Houston to spend time with John's brother Luke and his wife Michele and their daughters Elaine and Hailey. Their other brother, Matt also joined us. So, Leah had her first plane ride. She did great! It helped that it is only a 3 hour flight and no lay-over. On the way down she was awake for the first 2 hours and slept the last hour. On the way back it was the oppisite...she slept the first 2 hours and was awake the last hour. I had gotten a bunch of new things for her to do and play with to keep her occupied. I actually had too much stuff.
Luke and Michele have a beautiful new home with a really great pool. We swam quite a bit and Leah got to ride on her first "dolphin". :) She loved swimming and had a ton of fun with her cousins, in the pool and out.
Leah got her first try at Guitar Hero. Actually she didn't play, but had fun watching and holding the guitar. John and I also got to play it for the first time. Our 8 year old neice beat us both all but once when I got lucky on an easy song. It was fun but we are no where ready for tournament play.
While in Houston, we took a trip to the beach. It was Leah's first time to see and play in the ocean. Here she is posing with Elaine and Hailey.
We really had a super time in Houston. Luke and Michele are wonderful and generous hosts. Leah and Hailey had a fun time playing. Leah still has glitter in her hair from the glitter lotion they put on every day. Despite the 6 year age difference, they got along really well.



2 comments:
YEAH for Leah! Too funny about the bribing (although I am filing it and may also use that when we start). It looks sounds like you had a treat time in Houston, so good to hear that Leah is a good traveler, I think it is always better to be over prepared rather than under prepared.
wow, all sorts of fun "firsts" Congrats to Leah. That is always a good thing to get going. Looks like the trip was great. It helps to have relatives that can provide all of the "fun" for you. Glad you were able to go and get away. I need to call you. I am coming to the cities this weekend for scrapfest. I will be there Thurs-Sunday. I would be available Thursday night for a late supper somewhere at MOA or if you want to come to MOA sometime on the other days I will have a lunch breaks and/or you can stop by the Reminsice booth and see me. I want to contact Ann and Kristine as well to see if the would be available to meet for supper on Thursday night.
Mindi
Post a Comment