Thursday, February 22, 2007
Take care, Carbon...
...and be a good girl. After 4 1/2 years and with much thought and prayer, we decided that it would be best for Carbon to live with another family. She just never got used to us being gone so much. We tried so many different things to make it easier for her, but her separation anxiety was too strong. So, on Sunday night John posted an ad on Craigslist and we had a reply within an hour. The family has a dog and a 20 month little boy and another baby on the way. They had been feeling like their dog really needed a companion and apparently their cat was not interested in that role. The mom stays home and they don't do much traveling, so Carbon will not need to be kenneled any more. It was really hard to let her go, but we knew that it was best for her. She needs more attention and activity than we can give. So, Tuesday night we drove to Edina with all of her things and dropped her off. The family is soooo nice and they are excited to have Carbon. They kept thanking us for giving them Carbon which was so sweet because we were thankful to them for agreeing to take her. We didn't stay too long because we wanted them to start bonding. She emailed me Wednesday morning and said that everything was going great. The dogs are getting along great. Sounds like Carbon will definitely have plenty of stimulation and will have no trouble using up her energy. We are really happy that she is happy and with a family that truly wants her and will take good care of her. Yesterday I stayed home from work. I had cried so much for 2 days that my eyes were very puffy and I looked terrible. Plus, I wanted to get some of the dog hair cleaned up. As I was cleaning her kennel it became very obvious to me just how miserable she was in there. Poor thing, I don't think she relaxed at all while we were gone but instead worked and fought to get out. We are so glad that we never have to lock her in a kennel again and see her sad eyes looking at us and then come home to cut lips from trying to get out. I thank God for giving us the companionship of pets and I thank Him even more for finding a great place for Carbon to be happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, so sad to lose a companion...but, what a joy to know Carbon is happy. It was very strong of you to decide to let Carbon go. You are truly caring and thoughtful people.
Post a Comment